Thursday, January 17, 2013

You Mean I Have To Swim A Whole Mile!?!?

Now I've gone and done it.

I've committed to an Olympic Distance Triathlon.
(Yes, I know that didn't require capital letters, but in my life it does.)

Someone please swim this last lap for me.
In case you didn't know, the distances for this race are Swim 1500 meters, Bike 40K, Run 10K.

Wait, what? 1500 meters.

You mean I have to swim a mile!?!?!?!

The thing is I'm a pretty lousy swimmer.

Less than two years ago I started training for my first triathlon, and basically had to relearn to swim.

Now here I've done two triathlons, each with a 400 meter swim and I still can barely swim. So I've got to start my swim training again. I've got to build up my mileage. This will be a lake swim so I can't stop and hang onto the wall to rest.

25 mile bike ride, no problem. 6 mile run? Pshaw.

That swim though, that's got me concerned.


No comments:

Post a Comment