Monday, October 15, 2012

Starting From Scratch

In February of this year, I over trained while getting ready for the Fall Creek Falls trail race and wound up with a nasty case of plantar fasciitis. I had lots of running I wanted to do afterwards and a goal of my first sub 20 minute 5K, so unfortunately I kept running injured and therefore never fully healed. Interestingly, my right foot was worse off to start with, and it seems to be fully healed while the left foot is still sore. So I've decided that Saturday's race was my last for the season. It is time to heal.

I'm taking some time off from running, doing some foot strengthening, massaging out some tight muscles, massively reducing my mileage.

The problem is, with all this time I'll not be running, I need to do something to not lose my mind.

I'm sure I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment