Thursday, August 8, 2013

70.3 Or Rather 71.8

When she told me to smile I got a little mad so I said, "No." I stayed for the picture, because I knew it was important to her, but I was in no mood to smile at all. I had just done the most physically challenging thing I've done yet, and she had too. I don't know how she managed to smile.

That runner's euphoria was not kicking at that time. Although I had felt it a few times in the previous nine and a half hours. I was just finished. Frustrated. Done.
There was no way I was going to smile at that point.

Don't tell me to smile.
We had each finished two sprint triathlons with distances of 400 meter swim, 14 mile bike ride and 3.1 mile run. We made plans to move up and do an olympic distance tri, 1500 meter swim, 28 mile ride, and 6.2 mile run. I started programming our training plans, then my wife for some reason said, "We should just go ahead and do a half ironman this year."

That would be 1900 meters, 56 miles, and 13.1 miles.

So I said, "OK."

We like challenges I guess.

And then the training began.

Stay tuned for more!

Update: Part two is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment